Our Safety Protocols
Learn more about how we minimize the spread of infection and the risk of COVID-19 transmission
We appreciate the trust that you have placed in us to care for you and your dental health needs.
In an effort to follow the latest guidance from the CDC and the ADA, and to do our part to slow the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community, we have implemented the following adjustments to our office routines. We appreciate you and are grateful for your efforts to join us in confronting this emerging public health crisis.
- Have a Dental Emergency? Go to an Endodontist First, Not Emergency Room or Urgent Care
- AAE Statement to the Public and Patients
- ADA Coronavirus Resource Center for Dentists
- CDC Guidance for Providing Dental Care During COVID-19
- Coronavirus Disease 19 (COVID-19): Implications for Clinical Dental Care
- Characteristics of Endodontic Emergencies during COVID-19 Outbreak in Wuhan
- ADHA Issues Interim Guidance on Returning to Work
Infection Control Protocols
Please be aware that dental offices have been identified as a “high risk” environment for potential exposure for both staff and patients. For this reason, we have been advised to limit our treatment appointments to those with significant pain or infection. Our office will still be providing the valuable care of addressing acute dental needs that will ultimately reduce the burden on our emergency rooms. We will be deferring evaluation and treatment of non-urgent new procedures and all routine follow up of existing treatments. Please call our office to reschedule if you feel you fall into one of these categories. As soon as the situation allows, we look forward to returning to our regular routine. We appreciate your understanding and we very much look forward to helping all of our patients that are affected by this necessary adjustment.
For those that absolutely must be seen, we ask for your cooperation in the following way:
- ALL individuals (patients and staff) will be screened for illness before entering the office. If you have any symptoms including, but not limited to fever, cough, and shortness of breath, please call our office and reschedule your appointment. For your safety and others, we will be taking your temperature at the door to ensure you do not have a fever above 99.6 degrees F.
- Your appointment may be rescheduled to accommodate the triage of our most urgent patients.
- We anticipate adjusting appointment times and lengths in order to ensure that patients do not need to wait longer than needed. We have instituted a policy of having our patients wait in their cars to prevent individuals having to wait in our waiting room or interact with other patients. We support the strategy of social distancing, which very likely will result in a modification of your scheduled appointment time.
- Please let us know that you have arrived for your appointment by calling our office from your car. Once the prior patient has been cleared and we have completed our sanitization procedures, we will welcome you in for your appointment.
- Please only bring someone with you if absolutely necessary (driver, guardian, etc.). Please no children. Please leave any unnecessary items in your car.
- It is critical that you complete your registration forms online prior to arriving in the office at your scheduled time. Please call our office if you are having trouble with the online registration.
- We have always been and continue to be committed to keeping our office impeccably clean and sanitized. In response to the spread of COVID-19 in the community, we have increased the frequency of these cleaning routines. In addition, we have strategically placed HEPA air filtration units throughout the clinical operatories for 99.97% air purification.
- All team members at Endodontic Center have had intense training in the enhanced recommendations for infection control and PPE recommended by the ADA, CDC and AAE. These recommendations include single use gowns, head cover, N95 masks, face shields, and single use instruments where applicable. We are proud that we have met or exceeded all CDC recommendations and will continue to monitor and adapt as circumstances change.
Again, thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We know that these and other changes may be inconvenient for both you and our office. However, we are confident that together we can protect your health and make a difference in our community.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation,
Mona Haghani, D.M.D. M.S.D
Jose M. Hoyo, D.M.D.
Maria T. Hoyo, D.M.D.